(August—08---2008) Assessing the effects of Kala Sarpa Dosha :
This yoga is not always maelefic; the astrologer must carefully analyse the natal chart of the person and find out the degree of malefic effect, the yoga can cause; this requires great depth of knowledge and decades of experience for the astrologer. Just finding one of the 12 combinations described above does not mean that the native will undergo the experience of malefic results described above. The entire chart needs to be analyzed carefully in order to come to a conclusion. In my experience of over 4 decades, the following factors are to be considered.
1. The overall strength of the natal chart is to be assessed by looking at birth-lagna, Lagna lord, Moon and Sun. If the chart is strong as a whole, this will not allow the kaal sarpa yoga to do any major harm to the native. A weak chart can cause the person heavy harm and loss..
2. Based on the Rahu/Ketu position, determine to which side of the axis all planets lie. All the houses of the side which is totally empty will show the effects of this yoga. The houses in which Rahu/Ketu stay will particularly determine the area of life which will be effected beatively.
3. However if the lords of the houses arranged on the empty side of the Rahu/Ketu are very well disposed (exalted, in friend’s house, in own house, seeing (aspecting) their own house). then these houses will not cause that much damage and the malefic effect will be reduced due to the factors attributed to these houses.
4. Vasuki, Padam, Mahapadam, Shankachood and Vishdhar Kaalsarpa generally do not give malefic effects if the overall chart is in a really weak and is in bad shape. This is due to their association with 3rd, 6th and 11th house in which Rahu/Ketu are deemed to be beneficial.
5. If in Nava-amsa chart Rahu/Ketu fall in 3rd, 6th or 11th house, then the malefic effects are much reduced.
6. Find out the houses (constellations) of Rahu/Ketu as well. If they stay in benefic houses (if the lords are natural benefic planets) then they become more malefic.
7. Its malefic effect will be more prominent during dasha and antardasha periods of Rahu and Ketu. This is very important point to be noted. If this yoga is very strong and malefic in a person’s chart, but the dasha does not occur till very late in his life, then it really does not harm the native that severely..
8. It causes serious damage and hardships when related with Sun and Saturn or the related with the lords of the houses occupied by Sun or Saturn. (to be continued tomorrow) ========
You can get my full particulars from my web-site : www.jyothishi.com. You can get my astrological services by contacting me by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and know my fee particulars. I have 44 years of experience / practice as an active astrologer.